December 12, 2010

weak sauce

I have a problem.
With onions.
I have gone my entire life wondering what people were talking about when they said cutting up onions makes them burst into tears.
I've just never understood that.
Then, last year I was making dinner with a friend when he asked if I would dice up the onions, "Unless", he added, "it makes your eyes water."
"Nope" I proudly announced. "Onions don't affect me one little bit."
About thirty seconds later I couldn't even see said onion because I had tears (and mascara!) streaming down my face.
Talk about putting your foot in your mouth.
Today, I had a similar experience.
I was helping amy with dinner and she asked if I would dice up the onions. Being prepared, I grabbed my glasses. (I don't exactly know what this was going to accomplish, maybe block the noxious fumes from my eyes)
Unfortunately, this attempt failed.
And I ended up with tears (and mascara!) again streaming down my face.

I am such weak sauce.


1 comment:

  1. haha! I have not heard "weak sauce" in forever! Possibly even years..... haha Your blog is SO cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Followers