December 10, 2010

a sad day and surprise

Yesterday was my last day of classes here at BYU.
Talk about a sad day! I have loved it here so much and I'm going to miss it SO much. The last few weeks I have been trying to soak everything in. The walk up the hill to campus, the lovely weather, long hours at the library- I've even tried to enjoy nutty, demanding professors with silly assignments. I've tried to soak it all up so I can remember it all when i'm freezing my buns off in Rexburg, Idaho.
I'm not quite done here at BYU, however. I still have to take four finals before I'm home free and will no longer be a student here.
But don't you worry. I have already informed Kolton that we will be back to visit. For what, I'm not sure. We'll definitely think of something.
On to a happier subject.
Last night I took some Nyquil trying to kick the nasty cold that won't go away and it knocked me out. This morning I woke up to my roommate coming into my room. I sat up in bed to say good morning when I noticed that she was carrying a table. She was followed by my other roommate holding the other end of the table and the rest of my roommates filing into my room.
The table was all decked out with french toast, syrup, muffins, bacon, and orange juice.
We had ourselves a surprise breakfast-in-bed bridal shower!
Oh my heavens. it was so sweet of them, and I just love these girls.
We all sat down on my bed and enjoyed our delicious breakfast and just had a lovely time, with me sitting in amazement over the fact that they had completely surprised me. (I like to think i'm pretty intuitive, but I did not expect this one little bit)
After we finished off our delicious breakfast they gave me a gift. It was....

This lovely cookbook!
I saw it in the bookstore the other day and  have been raving about it ever since I discovered it.
so they went out and bought it for me. And it is chuck FULL of chocolate dessert recipes. Since dessert is my favorite thing to bake, I find it very fitting.
Holy cow, I love these girls.
I'm so sad to be leaving them in a few days because they are all so sweet and thoughtful and we have all just had a ball this semester staying up late at night talking, cooking together, goofing around, spouting off one-liners, and just all sorts of other fun girly things. I am going to miss them a ton. But, like I already said, we will be back to visit a lot. :)
And that's all I've got to say about that.

p.s. I get married in eleven days. ELEVEN!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers