December 2, 2010

before i dash to class...

I gotta be quick lickety split on this story but I promised I would share and....a promise is a promise.
so.
When dear Kolton and I went to sign our marriage license we were all nervous and giddy and trying to sign our names just right and neatly (okay, so maybe that was just me) when a couple walks in behind us and sidles up to the desk right next to us.
"We're getting married!" the man announced. "We just talked to the judge, he said to sign us a marriage license and he'll marry us today." (all of this was said in a country twangy accent, by the way)
These folks must have been known in the county courthouse because there were congratulations all around. with comments of them needing to buy a big Thanksgiving table to fit all of their newfound family around it.
So the receptionist started to rustle up some papers and they got to signing.
I was peeking over Kolton's shoulder at this funny couple and noticed the soon to be bride just texting away (letting all her friends now she's getting married in about ten minutes, I'm guessing)
We left soon after that so we didn't get to see much more of this couple. But I'll have to admit.....I was a little jealous of them. As we walked out to the pickup I tried to convince Kolton to just let us go down to the courthouse and get married that afternoon.
But he was having none of that.
And I was kidding of course.....well, kinda.
Now don't anyone worry-We're not going to elope anytime soon. It sounds tempting, but we will resist. We already paid the decorator. (hee hee)
We'll just wait nineteen looong more days. (NINETEEN!!! holy mackerel!)
And we'll see ya on December 21st!
And now I'm off to interior design!

1 comment:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers