October 3, 2014

A Fairly Fine Wedding Day

So my little Kenzie cousin got married in the beginning of September. 

Kolton was enjoying his very last day of grain harvest in the combine so he couldn't make it to the wedding, but I was able to go in with my dad. My mom and siblings left before us so we were cruising. CRUISING. down the Monteview highway to make it in time. I kept telling my dad that we had plenty of time and yet the speedometer kept inching higher and higher. I did not know it was possible to drive down the Monteview highway in that short amount of time. Amazing. 

We made it to the temple in plenty of time and it was a lovely little ceremony. Afterward we took pictures, killed some time and my birthday money at a little home boutique, and then went to the luncheon which was fabulous. 

Then everyone headed to Quenalee's house to set up for the reception and I chilled at Oswald's house and waited for Kolton to pick me up and take me down to the good ole Blackfoot fair. 

We had been invited by Shively's to go to the Demolition Derby again and it did not disappoint. We got there a little early and ate and wandered and picked out our dream pickup for when we can do things like buy dream pickups and it was a good time. Minus all the people. Holy hannah, it was packed. We were shoving through crowds like nobody's business and I just did not like that so much. 

When we finally sat down in the grandstands we settled in for a long show. It was fun, but definitely made more exciting by the boy sitting next to Kolton. Man, he was excited to be there. He was on his feet yelling and screaming and cheering and was so funny to watch. 

The derby was a little long again, but we had a nice time visiting with Shively's and just getting out of the combine, because it had been a while since Kolton had done anything so crazy as that. 
While we were at the derby Hansen's were able to finish up the grain harvest and it was just a real good day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers