November 18, 2010

slouchy socks

Don't you hate slouchy socks? You know what I'm talking about-the kind that slip off your feet as you're walking and end up in a puddle at the toe of your shoes?
Well today since I'm out of all my other socks (it's definitely time to do some laundry) I had to wear some of these kind of socks. And they're mismatched to boot.
Anyway...so as I was walking up the hill to campus, I could feel my socks slipping lower and lower off of my foot. Of course I couldn't just reach down and yank 'em back up because I was wearing my tall, fluffy, boots with da fur. So as I reached the top of the hill, I sat on a bench to readjust myself.
So as I'm sitting there with one boot off and in one hand, and my other hand pulling up my sock, I hear the doors behind me open. And a guy walks out, turns around and comes right up to stand in front of me. I had my ipod in my ears so I yanked out the headphones and looked up at him.
He says to me, "I would just like to tell you that your hair looks beautiful today."
I smiled at him, said a polite, "Thank you" and he walked off.
I sat in shock for a minute,pulled on my boot, and went on my way.
thank you, random friendly stranger.
that is a random "socks" picture, but does anyone else remember wearing the frilly, lacy socks?

1 comment:

  1. hahaha. thats awesome. and even more hillarious because today i had the exact same experience with my socks. minus the hill and the random guy. but the boots and the socks part...exactly the same.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Followers