September 4, 2012

Mickelsen Reunion

I realized I forgot to write about the ol' Mickelsen reunion, and I can leave no party undocumented.
The Mickelsen reunion is always up in Island Park around the Fourth of July. We were able to go up the Friday and Saturday of the week of the Fourth once I was done with classes for the day, and we were sure glad we did-there's always good food and lots of fun...though very little of it is documented with pictures. But here's the few I do have.
These people ran the show. And it wouldn't be a Mickelsen reunion if there wasn't Pepsi involved.
We had a little tubing competition where everyone went head to head in their age groups. This is Kolton and Brevan (not quite sure how that happened). They had a good ride and Kolton successfully frustrated everyone by refusing to fall off the tube. He never came off that thing, no matter what was thrown at him. There were a couple times when the tube tipped upside down and sure enough, when it rolled back over he was still hanging on.
Irritating.
And we were all more than a little motion sick by the time the boat ride was over and Scott had given up on ever throwing Kolton off the tube. I'm so glad his years of bull riding could prepare him for future tubing with the in-laws. I'm also glad that tube riding is a good stand-in for the bulls because that is never happening. ever again.
Anyway...
We also continued the tradition of swimming across the lake. I joined in for the first time and it was quite delightful! We did it later in the evening and it was hard to want to get back in the water after we were finally all dry and warm, but we did it and it was actually really fun (surprisingly) and I felt super cool and accomplished afterwards.
For a few more random photos...
My dad teaching Scooter how to shoot the geese

Emy, Karlie, and Sadie enjoying the sun.

And that's all I got to say about that! It was a good time and we can't wait for next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers