September 6, 2012

Fun and friends and food, Oh my!

I haven't been to the Blackfoot fair very many times so it was quite fun to go with Kolton and some of our buddies.
We got to the fair later in the afternoon and made a first stop for the food. That's the best part of course!
After I managed to successfully spill everything I ate on myself (seriously, there was butter drips from my corn on the cob on my jeans and pink drips of frozen strawberry lemonade on my shirt. pathetic.)we decided to hit the rides.
It's been a long time since I've been on any rides so I was excited to hit em hard...until I got sick on the very first one.
I don't know what's happening to me, maybe I'm getting older, but I can't read or hardly even text in the car anymore and the rides made me motion sick. I don't like it!
Kolton got quite a kick out of my reaction on the two rides we did go on. He was laughing at my screaming and teasing me about being such a big talker on the ground and then turning into a wanny as soon as we started moving. He's right on all accounts.
I really do get scared, but it's a fun kind of scared so I don't mind it too much.
The last ride we went on was the Ferris wheel. Kolton did a little bargaining and we were able to get all of our little groups tickets back (30 tickets) in exchange for paying the Ferris wheel guy two dollars. Score!
Kolton then sold our remaining tickets because we were all pretty well sick and done with the rides (sooo lame, I know.) And then bragged about how he made 1000 percent on his money (an exchange of 20 dollars for 2 dollars spent....it makes sense in his math mind I guess)
After that fun adventure and laughing at Kolton getting turned down multiple times in his attempts to sell the tickets we met up with more friends and had to get more food of course!
We decided on a giant sticky tiger ear to share and it was a really great decision. I've never been in love with scones (I think it's a result of all the years I slaved over scones in the cheerleading booth at the Mud Lake Fair) but since my hiatus from scone making, this tiger ear was really a great experience. I would go back to the fair just for another one of those.
And then the main event started.
Our friends had called us about two weeks ago and we'd made the plan to visit the fair and go to the motocross event. And it was so awesome!
These two lovey birds just got engaged!
They had these huge jumps set up and I couldn't believe how high those guys were jumping and some of the tricks they did made me so nervous for them!
The rest of the group
These pics are courtesy of the Internets because my camera couldn't catch them very well...and also because I didn't want to take my eyes away to get the camera ready for fear of missing something.
My favorite tricks (or the ones that scared me the most) were 
The Cliffhanger
(it makes me nervous just looking at the picture. I have no clue how on earth they get their feet where they need to be)
and The Superman trick when they would completely let go of the bike.
Oh, it was just so neat and I couldn't believe how those guys could throw a bike around like it was nothing.
The riders lined up and ready to go
There were also plenty of flips and lots of other crazy tricks that as I watched I couldn't help but wonder how many times they had to wreck before they got it down.
The one halfway decent picture I managed to snag
 Ugh. It just gives me butterflies to think of it.
But it was really an amazing show and we were so glad we went. Between the friends and the fun and the food we had a really nice time at the fair.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers