November 29, 2011

thanksgiving 1

I know that Thanksgiving was a week ago, but it is a holiday that really should ever end?
I think not.
Well, maybe the stuffing yourself needs to come to an end, but I would definitely be ungrateful if I didn't take this time to quickly count my many, many, many blessings.

-Kolton. (obviously) even though we are complete (and I mean complete) opposites, life has never been better. Sure we argue and disagree and sometimes need alone time, but I honestly can't imagine my life without him. Goll, I love that man.

-My families. I am definitely blessed (on both sides) to have amazing family. I love nothing better than sitting around a table and laughing till I cry with my family.

-My healthy, happy body. I've been thinking a lot lately about how lucky I am to be healthy. It seems so simple, and it's something that I take for granted every day but I am so grateful to have two arms and legs, ten fingers and toes, eyes, a nose, and ears to hear (this is starting to sound like a nursery rhyme.) a mouth for tasting and kissing, my hair (even when I want to either chop it all off or just pull it all out) and all those internal-ly organs that keep me going. it's so neat that everything works together so perfectly, and i'm so grateful that it does.

-And on a less serious note:
Things that smell good-especially when it's my house.
cookies
cake
candy
ice cream
my cozy bed
a home
blow-dryers, straighteners, curling irons
leave-in-conditioner
a hot shower
a car
my phone
inside jokes
surprises
to-do lists

And the list goes on.
I'm thankful for Thanksgiving too. Even if it's one holiday that I usually just skip over in anticipation for Christmas. I'm going to improve on that and remember the reason for this season.

This year for Thanksgiving we went down to St. George with the Newmans. We had a nice time stuffing ourselves by day and playing tennis and basketball by night. You can't beat that combination! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers