August 22, 2011

christmas break part 3

On Christmas Day, Kolton came over for a little visit. he showed up at my grandparent's house and then we went back to my house to play some rock band. As he left that night, he pulled out a pretty little present just for me. I stared at him empty-handed. (am I a shmuck or what?) and a little bit in shock. (what in the world is happening here?)

The Sunday after Christmas I got invited over to the Hansen house. Kolton taught me how to play speed and then kicked my trash about nine times out of ten. Then he decided to show off a little bit of the work he had been doing that fall. He'd built some balconies in his shop and a big metal contraption for garbage. As I listened to him talk about doing all that work and everything else he'd been doing to stay busy- right then and there I realized that all the messing around I'd been doing with the boys in Provo was not worth my time.
I wasn't going to settle for anything less than a true-blue dyed in wool through and through farm boy, whether it was this particular one or not, I didn't know yet.
After that fun little jaunt, we went back to the house and got talked into watching Ice Age with Teagan. I fell asleep and woke up to Teagan playing footsie with me. We got a good laugh out of that one and then I got taken home.

A few days later we got together with Andra and Marshall and headed for Island Park. We went on a big snowmobile ride all day and then went back to my cabin where we ate dinner and played some games. Then we turned on a movie which I again fell asleep in. When I woke up, the movie was over and Andra and Marshall were gone.
I'd had my little nap and wasn't tired anymore so Kolton and I went upstairs and sat in one of the recliners by the window and just watched the snow fall. As we watched those big ol' flakes we started talking, and talking, and talking. About everything. I've always been a big talker, but Kolton surprised me once again by talking even more than I did. I especially remember him telling me about the car wreck he'd been in when he was younger. I remembered hearing about the wreck and being worried about him when it had happened.
When we finally realized we were getting a little bit sleepy we looked at the clock and it was four in the morning! We had to get up early the next morning to head home so I could get with my family and head back up to the cabin. Kolton slept on the couch downstairs and I slept upstairs in a bedroom-I promised my mom we would sleep on separate floors :)
Very few hours later, we packed up and headed back to Monteview. When I got back to the cabin that afternoon, I zonked out on one of the beds for the rest of the day.

On New Year's Eve, Kolton came back up to Island Park and took me to Marshall's cabin where we had a little party with some other couples. We went on a freezing snowmobile ride and then just played games and messed around. Kolton again kicked my trash at speed which was a little embarrassing, even more so because I was cheating the whole time.

After we rang in the New Year someone put in a movie. There weren't enough couches so Kolton and I made ourselves comfortable on the floor behind the couch.
Pretty soon Kolton leans over to me and says,
"So Jayc, you know of any good New Year's traditions?"
 I wondered if I knew what he was getting at, but didn't want to jump to conclusions (when in doubt, play dumb)
huh-uh...
"Wellll....I was wondering if you might give me a little New Year's kiss?"



to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers