June 9, 2015

Curse you, Smith Honda!

So.
I have lots of other uplifting things that I could write about but I'm irritated enough at what happened today that I feel the need to share it now. 
So a couple weeks ago someone (ahem...not me) hooked up the jumper cables to my dead car (that was actually my fault) incorrectly and fried some kind of fuse or something. (In his defense, he was trying to help me get off to school and had just woken up and was a little groggy/hurried) From that point on the speakers in my car were no longer working. So dear Kolton took my car to the dealership to get it fixed. He scheduled an appointment for first thing in the morning, the first appointment of the day. He was pretty sure he knew what was wrong with it and which parts they needed to order in. He tried to tell the guy on the phone, but they wouldn't order them before they saw the car.
He got in there on time and sat for nearly two hours. Finally a guy came out and said, "So, we've just pulled your car in. Will you come show us what's wrong with it."    !!!!! I don't know what they were doing for those two hours but they were definitely not working on the car! So that was strike one. And then of course Kolton had been right about what the problem was and they didn't have the right parts so we had to schedule a return appointment. 

I got nominated to take the car in this morning. Now first of all, I'm a big dummy and knew the appointment was at 9:30 but got confused this morning and thought I didn't need to leave till 9:30. So I'm chilling around the house when all the sudden at 8:25 I realize that I needed to be leaving in the next 5 minutes in order to be there on time. So that was brilliant. But I was only about 15 minutes late and felt so bad that I called ahead to warn them. 

I finally get there at 9:45 and they pull my car in and lead me to the waiting room which has a TV and a bunch of magazines. I had asked for a rental car to drive around but they told me they didn't have any available, but DID have a shuttle service to take me somewhere. After Kolton's experience I knew that it probably wasn't going to be a super quick visit (two hours maximum, I figured) and didn't know where they could drop me off for two hours. So I started flipping through the magazines and am immediately disgusted. There are only golf, motorcycle, and Sports Illustrated magazines. Why on earth would they only have magazines geared towards men? Don't they realize that men always volunteer their wives for unpleasant tasks like taking the car in? Maybe I'm totally off base but at least they should have some kind of mix. I did actually find a New Era and settled in to read. 

As I'm reading people are coming in and out and I'm still sitting. On the bright side, there was a neat documentary about eggs on the TV. If you need to know anything about how egg products are produced and the steps involved there I could tell you about anything you need to know. 
Once the egg documentary was over a new one started about how cheese is made. Again, if you want to know about different varieties of cheese and how they are produced, I'm your girl. 

By the time the soybeans documentary had started I'd had just about enough, however. Mind you, this is at 12:30. So I called my mom because I knew she was headed into town. She was about to town and kindly agreed to come pick me up. Then I went to talk to the manager man that I had been working with. Throughout those 2-3 hours not one person had come to update me on the situation or check on me at all. Not that I needed "checked on" necessarily, but I had been sitting there for quite some time. Anyway, the guy told me that some of the sensors they were fixing were what was taking so long. It was about an hour and half job alone let alone with the other things they were fixing. But when I told him I was leaving he assured me that they were nearly done and kind of made me feel dumb for leaving. But I figured I could at least grab some lunch with my ma. 

So we take off and run errands and grab lunch. At 2:30. 2:30!!!! They call me and tell me that my car is done now and I can come grab it. I couldn't believe it and was so glad that I had left that dumb place. We were in the middle of some errands so I told them I'd be back in about an hour. 
We show up at 3:30 and my car is still in the shop. It hasn't been washed (which they had told me they had done), the hood is up, and I can tell someone is still working underneath it. 

When I go inside I ask the guy if they have finished with my car. "Oh yeah," he assured me. Then he happily took me back to pay my bill which about made my eyes pop out of my head. Then he leads me to my car and has me jump in and start it. Then he had me turn it off and sit while he checked the oil levels and talked to the guy that was still definitely changing the oil (which he had assured me on the phone that they had done). Meanwhile I'm sitting in my car doing my best annoyed face to my mom as she's doing it right back to me. 

FINALLY I pull my car out and unload some of the groceries I bought while my mom chews on the guy a little bit. By that point, steam is coming out of my ears but I just wanted to get the heck out of there and NEVER return. Apparently the guy wasn't as phased by her chewing as I usually am because he only offered his apologies. 

Anyway, that was an experience that I don't feel the need to top anytime soon because if you were keeping track that was six hours that I would have been sitting there if my mom hadn't been around. Apparently they had needed an extra part and had to wait for it to come in and then who knows what else they were doing because they definitely hadn't done any of the things they said they would. Man, that was not a fun day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers