December 23, 2014

Splat.

Embarrassing story. 
So the other day at school we had the Christmas music program. After the program the kids were instructed to stay on the floor and the teachers would come stand by them so the parents could sign them out right there and take them home. 

Well as soon as the final notes are sung I know I need to get down on the floor as soon as possible because I just know the kids are going to scatter. So as all the parents are still sitting in the audience the teachers start heading to their classes. Well I am marching over to my kids as quick as I can and keeping my eyes on them so none of them disappear. 

Unfortunately I was watching them a little too well because I completely missed the giant speaker that was right in front of me. I tripped over one of the tripod's legs and about landed on my face. My head was parallel to the ground and I took about 7 giant steps trying to regain my balance. It was touch and go there for a minute as time froze and I kept trying to keep myself  from sprawling on the floor. Everything was silent and the only sound I could hear was from the collective gasp from the audience as they watched my battle to not land on my face. 

I eventually regained my balance without falling down and with a face red from embarrassment gave the audience a thumbs up to let them know I was alright. 

Anyway. That was my embarrassing moment that will hopefully count for the whole next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers